Friday, October 28, 2011

No Trick, Just a Treat

The best part of Halloween to me is all of the candy that is left over after all the little trick-or-treaters have finished their gig for the night.  I always like to buy the Halloween candy that I know I will enjoy afterwards because it is inevitable that you will get way too much and have far more than you would like to have left over after it is all said and done.  Living in our little mountain community over the years, I've learned pretty quickly that the trick-or-treaters spend most of their Halloween evening on Main Street in a much safer and funner environment so our home chocolate supply for Halloween ends up being pretty much zilch!  And, I don't know why but I always find myself desperately wanting some chocolate throughout the Halloween weekend.  Fortunately for me, I get to run this little shop of mine where I am surrounded by chocolate on a daily basis.  And, not just any chocolate, but yummy, hand-made artisan chocolates.  We are a proud retailer of Moonstruck Chocolate - an artisan Chocolatier based in Portland, Oregon, where they handcraft each piece using only the finest ingredients. They pair their own decadent chocolate with fresh flavors found in the Pacific Northwest and beyond, and then hand-decorate each piece with intricate care.  My favorite right now is their new Sea Salt Pecan Clusters that are available in both Milk Chocolate & Dark Chocolate.  The balance of salt, sweet, and just a slight richness is just magical! 
My other favorite this time of year is their absolutely delicious hot cocoas.  The cocoas come in a decadent rich Dark Chocolate, Mayan Chocolate (think almond & cinnamon flavors), and of course their fabulous Classic Cocoa.  The cocoas are available in a 9.5oz tin or in individual single packets.  And, the absolute best way to enjoy the cocoas is to mix them with at least 2% milk, or if you have whole milk lounging in your fridge, use that.  It is a wonderful treat on a chilly fall or winter afternoon. 

Moonstruck Hot Cocoa Bella Vita

So, our little "treat" this Halloween weekend is for you to indulge in some fabulously delicious, super-special chocolate.  Come visit us on Saturday, October 29 or Monday, October 31 (or you can come on both days) and we will take 20% off any chocolate you purchase (includes cocoas, chocolate bars, and specialty chocolates).  

Happy Halloween from us to you - have fun, eat good chocolate, & be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment